skip to main | skip to sidebar

Thursday, January 9, 2014

48 Random Facts About Me

Here's a list of facts to help you get to know me. Enjoy! 
Did I mention that I love surfing?

  1. People call me Annika, but secretly I want them to use my childhood nickname, Anninea
  2. I am technically homeless.
  3. I was born in 1992. In Colorado.
  4. I have worked with the YMCA as a camp counselor (though we prefer the term "facilitator") since 2008.
  5. When I'm bored, there's a pattern I flex my toes to.
  6. I never met two of my half-sisters until I was 18.
  7. I have worked at four different Y camps in three different states.
  8. I love the ocean. Also lots of tall leafy trees, and succulent plants.
  9. I am an amateur crafter, cook, and crocheter.
  10. I play 13 different instruments.
  11. I was once compared to the creepy girl from "The Ring", and dressed up as her for Hallween.
  12. I was a People to People Ambassador, and visited the United Kingdom & Ireland as a result.
  13. I’m the daughter of three, sister to three.
  14. "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe is my favorite Christian song. It is also the only one I like.
  15. The bike I got for Christmas last year was stolen, and I still mourn it's loss.
  16. I’ve visited 48 of the US states and 9 countries so far.
  17. I used to speak Russian and a little French, but now I only remember one. English.
  18. I eat junk food regularly.
  19. I used to pick my nose.
  20. I lost 15 pounds just by adding salad and surfing to my diet.
  21. I love a good yoga session.
  22. I get emotional whenever I hear classical music.
  23. My painting skills end with acrylics.
  24. I was a Music Ed major who decided life couldn't wait.
  25. I’ve decided to go back to school, but keep putting it off. Too many other things I want to do.
  26. I love chrysanthemums.
  27. Beef pad thai with thai iced tea is my favorite meal.
  28. I've moved seven times in my life so far.
  29. I’m 5'4".
  30. I played softball. I also ran track. Not because I was good but because my friends did.
  31. I graduated from high school in a class of 300 in Minnesota.
  32. My mom and I used to babysit reptiles and creatures like snakes, lizards, & spiders.
  33. I did better at parallel parking than my 90 degree back parking when I took the test.
  34. My favorite color is ever-changing, but is currently blue.
  35. I fed and was licked by a giraffe once.
  36. My hearing is so good I can hear artificial heart valves.
  37. I’m a perfectionist. Maddeningly so. Maddening even to myself.
  38. My mom is a financial aid counselor at a college, my dad has 3 jobs, and my biological dad is the manager of a supermarket.
  39. I fed a rhinoceros some apples.
  40. When asked what I want from the store, I always answer Cheez-It and a Coke.
  41. I am a "whatever religion you believe is correct is what happens to you". Therefore, I sincerely believe the afterlife is a build-your-own utopia.
  42. I don’t have a favorite movie or a favorite artist.
  43. I like killing a lot of birds with one stone. I’m all about efficiency.
  44. I have expensive taste. Unfortunately, I don’t have the funds to match.
  45. I’m good at starting things.
  46. I’m horrible at finishing things.
  47. I worry way too much about what other people think.
  48. I currently live in California and continually ask myself How did THAT happen? But I like it.

0 thoughts :

Post a Comment