skip to main | skip to sidebar

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sunrise in the Grand Canyon

August 12th, 2013. I got to cross watching a sunrise at the Grand Canyon off my Bucket List. After spending three days and two nights in the bottom of the canyon to watch the Perseids Meteor Shower, my friends and I woke up nice and early to begin what would end up being a 14-hour hike back up the 10 mile path to the top.
Hint: I'm the one making the most ridiculous faces.






Food for Thought: Standing at the top ridge of the Grand Canyon, you gaze towards the bottom, and can't see it. Camping out in the bottom of the canyon, as you stargaze, you see what you think is the top ridge.. but it isn't. The Grand Canyon is so vast, so big, that you are nothing more than an ant in a ginormous hill, waiting for the rock to crumble around you at a moment's notice. I was humbled by my experience in the Grand Canyon and move forward with intention.

0 thoughts :

Post a Comment