skip to main | skip to sidebar

Thursday, January 9, 2014

So You Think You Can Sew?

As some of you may know, I have a Bucket List. One of the items on my list was to design and sew an outfit, so for Halloween 2012 I decided to create my dream gypsy and/or belly dancer outfit.

The finished product at a local Halloween carnival.

I started by selecting a pattern, which would guide me through the process of fabric selections, accessories, and assembly. Simplicity is my favorite brand for these projects, and I ended up with this pattern.

Then, instead of buying my fabric at Walmart (Which is a cheaper option for those of you who need a lot of fabric on a budget, as much as it pains me to admit), I chose mine at a local fabric shop. Not only did I get a deal on all the supplies I needed to create my costume, but it's always nice to keep your shopping local.

I spent the next week deciphering the (somewhat) confusing instructions for a beginner like me, but overall it was a pain-free process. Squeezing in time with the sewing machine between work and life, I ended up with an amazing costume that many people didn't realize was home-made! I got to show it off volunteering as a gypsy fortune teller at a local Halloween carnival.

Each piece is separate, for mix-&-matching options.

0 thoughts :

Post a Comment